Daily Bread Counseling offers a wide range of services for individuals, couples and families. We invite you to learn all about our services through this site. Thank you for considering Daily Bread Counseling for your counseling needs.
Methodist Healthcare Employee Assistance Program
As of January 1, 2012 the Arkansas Conference of the United Methodist Church has a contract with the Methodist Healthcare Employee Assistance Program (EAP) in Arkansas. This program allows for 6 sessions per year for each Methodist Clergy and all members each of their household.
When a Clergy member or any member of their household wishes to access their EAP; they will call the Methodist Healthcare Employee Assistance Program office in Memphis and demographic information will be gathered. You will be given the name of a participating provider in your area.
In Arkansas Daily Bread Counseling has a participating provider in the Little Rock, Benton, Hot Springs, Conway, Hazen and Dardanelle areas.
Barna Research reports that 84% of Clergy families suffer from depression.
- 50% feel unable to meet the demands of their work
- 90% feel they were not adequately trained to cope with the demands placed on them
- 37% have been involved in inappropriate sexual behavior
- 70% have a lower self-image than when they entered the ministry
- 80% believe that their work is negatively affecting their families
Ministry and Families:
1992 survey from Leadership magazine.
- 81% Insufficient time together
- 71% Use of money
- 70% Income level
- 64% Communication difficulties
- 57% differences over leisure activities
- 53% Difficulties raising children
- 46% Sexual problems
- 41% Pastor's anger towards the spouse
- 35% Differences over ministry career
- 25% Differences over the spouses career
1991 survey by the Fuller Institute of Church Growth:
- 90% work more than 46 hours a week
- 80% believed pastoral ministry affected their families negatively
- 33% believed ministry was a hazard to their family
- 70% do not have someone they consider a close friend
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT ANYONE WHO UTILIZES THIS SERVICE KNOW THAT NO CONFIDENTIAL OR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE REPORTED TO THE ARKANSAS CONFERENCE BY DAILY BREAD COUNSELING.
Do you want to strengthen your relationship?
Over 2 million couples (4 million people) have taken the Prepare/Enrich program since 1980. There are 5 inventories available for you.
PREPARE: Pre-marital couples
PREPARE—MC: Pre-marital couples with children
PREPARE—CC: Cohabiting Couples with or without children
ENRICH: Married couples with or without children
MATE: Couples over the age of 50
Prepare/Enrich has been a very positive tool to help individuals identify their strengths and growth areas as they enter into marriage or been in a relationship for years. It is not a compatibility inventory but a very valid way to open up communication between the couples.
The six goals are to explore Relation Strengths and Growth Areas; to learn Assertiveness and Active Listening Skills; to learn how to resolve conflict; to help couples discuss Family-of-Origin; to help with financial planning and budgeting skills and to focus on personal, couple and family goals.
The inventory takes about 45 minutes and has a fee of $35 (separate from counseling fees) to have the inventory scored. After it is scored then your counselor will meet with you for 5-8 sessions to review the results.
Contact Daily Bread Counseling by phone at 501-847-2229 to schedule a time to strengthen your relationship.